The Kizashi DIY/FAQ Index

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
~tc~

FmrLCpl wrote:- Transfer gear box (AWD): API 80w-90 GL5 hypoid gear oil; 0.9L (0.95 qts)
- Rear differential (AWD): API 80w-90 GL5 hypoid gear oil; 0.9L (0.95 qts)

I want to use synthetic gear oil for transfer gear box and rear differential.
But I could not find synthetic 80w-90.
Can I use synthetic gear oil 75w-90 instead? Any input?
Redline and Amsoil have 80w-90
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
avluis

Can the OP edit the link to the Online Manual to: https://kizashi.avnet.ws or https://avnet.ws/kizashi -- either or, does not matter.
2011 Kizashi Sport GTS MT
I do all my installs. <-- Service Manual.
Pulley, Springs, Shift Knob, Sway Bar, Brake Lines, Piggyback, LED lamps, Remote Start, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors & Turn Signals.
KuroNekko

avluis wrote:Can the OP edit the link to the Online Manual to: https://kizashi.avnet.ws or https://avnet.ws/kizashi -- either or, does not matter.
Done and thank you.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Moto
Site Admin

Thanks
Ronzuki

That link just brings up the cover of the manual. None of the index or nav buttons function for me here on my work machine. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit w/ all the latest updates utilizing IE. What am I missing?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
BLyons

I have to use firefox to get it to work.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
Ronzuki

Ronzuki wrote:That link just brings up the cover of the manual. None of the index or nav buttons function for me here on my work machine. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit w/ all the latest updates utilizing IE. What am I missing?
OK, so I've got Firefox on this machine here at work, finally, and the manual comes up, the index is viewable and I can drill down through the index no problem. However, once I select a specific topic to view the manual information for, nothing happens. So what am I still missing ? A plug-in, some non-standard browser setting? It sure would be nice not to have to dig out the old XP tank and CD every time I want to look at something. Thanks.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
SamirD

If the manual requires an older version of firefox, I think I've got some portable versions lying around that should work on win7+.
avluis

Ronzuki wrote:
Ronzuki wrote:That link just brings up the cover of the manual. None of the index or nav buttons function for me here on my work machine. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit w/ all the latest updates utilizing IE. What am I missing?
OK, so I've got Firefox on this machine here at work, finally, and the manual comes up, the index is viewable and I can drill down through the index no problem. However, once I select a specific topic to view the manual information for, nothing happens. So what am I still missing ? A plug-in, some non-standard browser setting? It sure would be nice not to have to dig out the old XP tank and CD every time I want to look at something. Thanks.
You need to have Adobe Flash if I recall -- and yes, it would be nice not to dig out that Windows XP machine (Microsoft will upgrade it to Windows 10 before you know it).
SamirD wrote:If the manual requires an older version of firefox, I think I've got some portable versions lying around that should work on win7+.
Please post them up, I want it all :D
2011 Kizashi Sport GTS MT
I do all my installs. <-- Service Manual.
Pulley, Springs, Shift Knob, Sway Bar, Brake Lines, Piggyback, LED lamps, Remote Start, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors & Turn Signals.
SamirD

avluis wrote:Please post them up, I want it all :D
Sure thing. Do you have an ftp site or something I can upload them to? I've got several portable browsers including firefox from a few years ago that I downloaded to test to see what to deploy on our desktops.

Actually, here's a link to the source...with every version of portable firefox going back to v2.0 :o 8-) Enjoy!
https://sourceforge.net/projects/portab ... ble%20Ed./