AC panel removal

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
wyliec

KizashiS wrote:
Thanks! By the way, which harness is for steering wheel control? So far I knew the left gray one is for radio, the big blue one is for audio, the lower big white one is for AC, but what are the other two above the blue harness?
In the radio harness, there is a pink wire that will go to whichever steering wheel interface you choose, I'm using a PAC SWI-JACK. Then there is a pink/black stripe wire which will need to be grounded. The other plugs, I think one is to the usb port if equipped, and the other for the XM tuner box. You won't be needing them so just ignore them.
KizashiS

Finally... Everything is done... Wait, not everything... Everything excludes steering wheel control, GPS, rear camera... I just bought a cheap DVD receiver BV9560B... Sorry ca$h in short, no more fancy stuff...
A tip for every first-time-diyer: ground the parking brake cable or no video at all... The head unit has a pink parking brake cable outlet but the kizashi end doesn't have a counterpart, so just ground it or the player refuse to play any video.
Attachments
P8051085.jpg
wyliec

Nice! Glad it all worked out for you. I finished up my install as well but have yet to sort through the pics.
hocaspocas

Nice work. I will be following your steps as soon as I get my wire harness and the antenna adapter from eb*y. By the way does your head unit have a bluetooth microphone running from a cable or is integrated. I got a Pionneer AVH-330 sitting in my trunk waiting for the harness. This one have a bluetooth microphone that can be installed by the steering wheel or on the visor. How to run the cable all around to the visor or to the steering wheel?
KizashiS

hocaspocas wrote:Nice work. I will be following your steps as soon as I get my wire harness and the antenna adapter from eb*y. By the way does your head unit have a bluetooth microphone running from a cable or is integrated. I got a Pionneer AVH-330 sitting in my trunk waiting for the harness. This one have a bluetooth microphone that can be installed by the steering wheel or on the visor. How to run the cable all around to the visor or to the steering wheel?
It has integrated microphone. You may need another adapter for steering wheel control:
http://www.crutchfield.com/g_118900/Ste ... ml?tp=3405
I didn't find a particular harness for steering wheel control; however the cables from steering wheel might be integrated in the major audio harness, which has 19 wires on my car, while the scosche side has only 11 wires. The service manual says some of the rest 8 wires have something to do with steering wheel control, so you may have to separate those wires and connect them to the adapter.
hocaspocas

Quick question.

About the wire colors. Are they standard between the connectors and the wire harness? I mean for example the cables that is now in the car with the original connector, are their colors matches to the one from wire harness and also these matches to the head units cable colors? Or do i need to double check on the service manual to see which cable goes to which?
KizashiS

hocaspocas wrote:Quick question.

About the wire colors. Are they standard between the connectors and the wire harness? I mean for example the cables that is now in the car with the original connector, are their colors matches to the one from wire harness and also these matches to the head units cable colors? Or do i need to double check on the service manual to see which cable goes to which?
There might be a standard on wire coloring but better not merely rely on it ;)
It doesn't take long to double check the service manual of the car and the install manual of the head unit.
hocaspocas

KizashiS wrote:Finally... Everything is done... Wait, not everything... Everything excludes steering wheel control, GPS, rear camera... I just bought a cheap DVD receiver BV9560B... Sorry ca$h in short, no more fancy stuff...
A tip for every first-time-diyer: ground the parking brake cable or no video at all... The head unit has a pink parking brake cable outlet but the kizashi end doesn't have a counterpart, so just ground it or the player refuse to play any video.

Yours seems to fit perfectly. My Pioneer AVH-P3300BT leaves a gap of 5 mm, even un the gap filler plate. I was reserching and wondering if the 7" like yours will fit in the base. The base opening is 180mm by 100mm. Acoording to Amazon says it wont fit in my the kizashy. Is this true?

Did you had problems fitting it in?
BxKizashiS

Wow, looks easy, when i was installing my aftermarket headunit i had to remove alot of panels, the panels where the shift is at, next to the shift, remove the try where the cigarette light is at.. it was madd work... i shoulda tried this first
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
ryancpwalsh

will2k wrote: The head unit is then held in place with 2 screws, 1 on each side. Then you pull that out the same way as the AC panel.
Can you point out where the two screws are? The only screws I see are outward facing and appear to be connected to the silver/chrome strips on the dash beside the ac/radio area.

FYI - I concur, opening the front storage door, reaching up, and gently pulling out was much easier than I anticipated. Try with very little force, and slightly increase until you feel the bottom two clips pop out - after that it's gravy.