Next Generation Suzuki Jimny Spotted in Testing

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
KuroNekko

I really hope something comes of it. While the Jimny itself may not be too suited for American roads, maybe Toyota can use the platform to make a slightly larger 4x4 on the cheap, using Suzuki's engineering. It could probably use a Toyota powerplant as the 1.5 liter NA engine currently slated for the Jimny Sierra would be rather anemic for American drivers. I think they will wait to see how this new Jimny does globally and then decide on whether to have a USDM version via Toyota. Mazda is the only other chance given Suzuki's ties with them in Japan but the Jimny isn't at all cohesive with Mazda's Kodo styling and automotive direction. Any Suzuki to come back to the US would very likely wear a Toyota badge. Personally, I think Toyota should stop making the Yaris hatchback and import the Swift as their new Yaris hatchback and keep the Mazda2 as the Yaris iA sedan. Both are much better than Toyota's own Yaris.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KuroNekko

Official Suzuki promo video for the new Jimny. It's in Japanese but anyone can enjoy the video if you're a Suzuki 4x4 fan.

KuroNekko

The new Jimnys are now on sale in Japan and some eager fans are getting their hands on them ASAP. I found this video from Japan of a Jimny modification shop and a particular build for the 660cc Kei-class Jimny. The shop owner lifted it and added a few interior mods for this "Fishing Master" edition which is designed for fishermen to take along riverbeds in the Japanese countryside.
The video is interesting as it shows the undercarriage of the new Jimny and some of the modification potential.
The vehicle is then taken offroad on its intended terrain and demonstrates the approach and departure angles.

By the way, does anyone else other than Ronzuki and I care about the Jimny? :lol:

KuroNekko

A video review in English. The Jimny looks to be the vehicle many hoped for in that it keeps to its traditional roots and purpose.