Toyota Partnerships with Suzuki

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
dugsgto

Nov 22 17 Toyota started Partnership talks with Suzuki. Meetings And questions on you tube.Just Type in Toyota and Suzuki.Food For Thought.Later
Woodie

Ooooh, I've got an idea.

How about replace the Yaris with the Swift? There are cheap versions and the Swift Sport, something for everyone.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

Suzuki and Toyota...my 2 favorite brands. I want a damn Japanese built Jimny, don't care what badge is on it. The Heep is G-O-N-E if I can get a Yota-Yimny!
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

I'd love to see Suzukis come back as small Toyotas. Like Woodie said, why would you buy a Yaris if you can get a Swift which is much more pleasurable to drive? It's not an opinion, but a well-known fact proven on the mountain roads of Japan to the Nurburgring in Germany.
However, the reality is that Toyota doesn't have much to gain other than Suzuki's stronghold in India that everyone wants to tap into. Toyota already owns Suzuki's direct competitor for kei-cars in Japan which is Daihatsu. For export, Toyota is already linked with Mazda which manufactured the former Scion iA and now the current Toyota Yaris iA which is leagues better than the Yaris.

If anything, I think they should team up to make 4x4s which both companies have strong roots in. Toyota doesn't currently have a small true 4x4 and Suzuki has limited market exposure. Like Ronzuki said, the key to the return of a solid small Japanese 4x4 would be something best developed by Suzuki and Toyota. Many want the Toyota FJ to return but for Toyota to make cheaper and more basic 4x4s focusing on ability rather than frills. I can't imagine a better partnership between two companies to deliver on this. Much like Ronzuki, if they ever make such a thing, I'm in and you can find me out on the trails.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KuroNekko

Not really related to Suzuki (at least as of now), but it's related to the talk of a possible new small offroad 4x4 from Toyota. If Toyota and Suzuki co-developed it, I think they could both gain without competing with each other in most markets with the same vehicle as it will certainly be bigger and more powerful than a Jimny.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/toyota-m ... -wrangler/
Ronzuki

If not a Suzuki, Toyota is just as good albeit way more expensive. We'll see what it is, if it is and when it is...then, the Heep may be gone. Has to have solid axles (as in pre-86 Toys of the past) else I'm not interested... nor will anyone else be in the true off-road world.

That new style 2018 Jimny would still be perfect.
Ron

Ronzuki

hmmm...there just might be something to this Toyota-Suzuki thing:

http://nseavoice.com/cars/suzukis-baby- ... 31660.html
Ron

KuroNekko

Ronzuki wrote:hmmm...there just might be something to this Toyota-Suzuki thing:

http://nseavoice.com/cars/suzukis-baby- ... 31660.html
Oh man, we can only hope!
Ronzuki

Yes, I am hoping. The guy that bought my Samurai from me sent me that link....
On the Toyota front, sadly, my boss's pristine 2009 garage kept Tacoma Double cab w/ only 50,000 miles needs a new frame, to be replaced by Toyota. He takes it in for the 50k service and gets a call back yesterday saying it needs a new frame because of rot!

Inspections of the Subject Vehicles in CRC States (north east) that disclose a perforation less than ten millimeters (“mm”) will result in the frame being “cleaned and if the vehicle has not previously received CRC or a new frame, pursuant to a prior [Limited Service Campaign], CRC will be applied[.]” (Dkt. 91-1, Exh. 11 (Frame Inspection and Replacement Protocol (“Protocol”)) at § III.; see also Dkt. 91, Settlement Agreement at § II.A.33.).

With respect to all Subject Vehicles, “f any perforation in the frame is found to be 10 mm or larger, then the frame will be replaced, as well as all applicable parts and service items incidental to frame replacement, such as cables, harnesses, pipes, clamps, tubes, hoses, spare tire carrier, spare tire carrier plate, bolts, brackets, and wires and all fluids will be replaced, as required.” (Dkt. 91-1, Exh. 11, Protocol at § IV.).

In addition, “[w]ithout cost to Class Members and upon request from the Class Member, Toyota shall arrange a complimentary Loaner Vehicle (upon proof of adequate insurance) if the vehicle is required by the Toyota dealer to remain at the dealership at least overnight pursuant to the Frame Inspection and Replacement Program, for up to seven (7) days, absent exceptional circumstances, to eligible Class Members whose Subject Vehicles are undergoing frame replacement[.]” (Dkt. 91, Settlement Agreement at § III.A.2.; see also Dkt. 91-1, Exh. 11, Protocol at § VI.). In appropriate circumstances, where a class member demonstrates a need for a vehicle similar to the Subject Vehicles, Toyota “shall use good faith efforts to satisfy that request.”

These videos are scary…what could possibly go wrong? It'll never be the same after this. He's PISSED.

Ron

WESHOOT2

Suggest "relax"; very common issue (up here), with numerous examples fixed with no continuing issues.

In fact, when we get one as a potential trade we ask if it's had a new frame, because that makes them worth a bit more.