JDPower most reliable cars in the UK

If it has an S on the front you can talk about it here.
Woodie

Nice list of the most reliable cars in the United Kingdom:
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
motosonic

#BringSuzukiBackToTheUS
Woodie

Suzuki's 87 score would have put them at the top of the US rankings.
KuroNekko

Interesting data as a lot of it doesn't match the US or even other reliability data from the UK.
For example, I read an article a little while back that stated from studies, the Mitsubishi Lancer is the most reliable car in the UK. However, Mitsubishi isn't even on this J.D. Power list due to a small sample size.

Even more interesting, Nissan is above Toyota, Honda, and Mazda. That's not the case in the US where Nissan is the lowest among the Japanese brands, often below the industry average largely due to their CVTs. It's interesting to see that Subaru is missing from the list entirely with no explanation.

Audi is near the bottom while they have been at the top 5 in recent years in the US.

While I'm sure Suzukis are reliable, this is a J.D. Power study which has some of the worse validity issues, IMO. These results would contradict their own data in the US. For example, J.D. Power blasted the Kizashi as "below average reliability" the year after Suzuki stopped paying them for industry research.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

KuroNekko wrote:Even more interesting, Nissan is above Toyota, Honda, and Mazda. That's not the case in the US where Nissan is the lowest among the Japanese brands, often below the industry average largely due to their CVTs. It's interesting to see that Subaru is missing from the list entirely with no explanation.
Can't imagine they sell many CVTs in Britain. Even the rental cars are manual unless you specifically ask for an automatic. Subaru being completely missing is strange.
KuroNekko wrote:While I'm sure Suzukis are reliable, this is a J.D. Power study which has some of the worse validity issues, IMO. These results would contradict their own data in the US. For example, J.D. Power blasted the Kizashi as "below average reliability" the year after Suzuki stopped paying them for industry research.
Oh, like Motor Trends car of the year? I didn't know that, I'll take these reports with a grain of salt then.
KuroNekko

There are certainly many differences between the UK and the USA regarding vehicles and consumer tastes. The popularity of manual transmissions and diesel engines in Europe are two major differences given either of these are unpopular in the US. However, I still have a hard time with the validity of J.D. Power studies in reliability and they don't seem to be as detailed as Consumer Reports for reliability data.
From what I know, J.D. Power is a company funded by companies in an industry to do consumer research on their behalf. It's essentially a paid service for and by the industry. They are really best at grading customer service.
Consumer Reports is a consumer-based publication funded by subscribers. CR buys the cars they test. Their reliability data is from polls of their subscribers who own the cars. IMO, the reliability reports are far more detailed.

Regardless, it's no surprise Suzuki is at the top of the list. Real Suzukis were/are solid vehicles and they are popular in their home country which has a high standard for reliability. If they were poor in this regard, it would be hard to imagine they would be popular in the same country Toyota and Honda are from.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)