Impressive snow performance from my Kiz GTS AWD.

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Viber

I just got a 2010 red GTS AWD about two weeks ago, and today was my first chance to test the AWD system in a pretty good snow and ice storm that's been going on for the last 20 hours. The storm is bad enough to leave 24,000 people without power.

My previous AWD vehicle was a 2008 Subaru Legacy GT automatic.

The Kizashi did not disappoint, not once was I out of control on sliding while on hills or mildly sharp turns. The AWD system diverted power where it was needed and kept my Kizashi glued to the road as I watched people slip and slide all over the place.

It's all stock, on factory tires and it ate snow, ice and slush without issue.

For those wondering if the Suzuki Kizashi AWD system can keep up with Subaru AWD, thus far, the answer is absolutely.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
2008 Subaru Legacy GT (RIP)
SamirD

That's awesome! Were the tires new or worn? Our 2011 with the factory tires with low tread slides on just 1/2in of snow. :( I'm working on a winter set of tires, but the tpms makes just swapping tires a pain...
Viber

SamirD wrote:That's awesome! Were the tires new or worn? Our 2011 with the factory tires with low tread slides on just 1/2in of snow. :( I'm working on a winter set of tires, but the tpms makes just swapping tires a pain...
Tread is about 60% at a glance. I'll most likely replace them next year with the same tire since they've worked well on a hard winter day, and I don't have to resort to full blown winter tires.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
2008 Subaru Legacy GT (RIP)
KuroNekko

Welcome, Viber.

Quite a few of us here are former Subaru owners including myself. They are great cars, but getting one for a good deal is hard these days. That's where Suzuki comes in as they are probably the most underrated cars around.

Enjoy your Kizashi.

P.S. Nice avatar. Akira is a classic.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

Viber wrote:Tread is about 60% at a glance. I'll most likely replace them next year with the same tire since they've worked well on a hard winter day, and I don't have to resort to full blown winter tires.
That's some solid tread left. I looked at the tread pattern today and I could see how it could do a decent job in snow if we had enough of it on the tire. :lol:
puckaveli

I am very eager to get some legit snow tires on my Kizashi. Even with the stock tires it is pretty easy to control with the TSC off. I don't think the diffs are as good as the Subaru's since it's harder to get it to rotate in tight corners or doing a lighthouse. I've got 14 years of snow driving in my Impreza and I can slide it around anything with my eyes closed, so I obviously will have to say it has much better in the snow.
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
2013 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
2006 Kawaski 636
SamirD

puckaveli wrote:I am very eager to get some legit snow tires on my Kizashi. Even with the stock tires it is pretty easy to control with the TSC off. I don't think the diffs are as good as the Subaru's since it's harder to get it to rotate in tight corners or doing a lighthouse. I've got 14 years of snow driving in my Impreza and I can slide it around anything with my eyes closed, so I obviously will have to say it has much better in the snow.
General Altimax Arctics. They make the car shine in the snow.

We passed people (and suvs 4wds and others) at almost 2x their speed because of the grip we had in the latest storm that dumped over 2-3in. It really inspires confidence. Just be sure to get tpms sensors for the second set (if going that route) or there's a performance difference.
puckaveli

I always get Nokian Hakkapalita snows, they are the best snow tire I've ever used hands down. They are certainly more expensive but absolutely worth it.
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
2013 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
2006 Kawaski 636
KIZFAN2

I have a pair of Firestone Winterforce tires on my 2011 SLS AWD and it handles like a tank (in a good way). Much like you, I have passed 4x4 SUVs and trucks stuck in the snow with no problem.

It has been one of the worst winters in Toronto Canada in 25 years and my Kizashi has yet to let me down. Absolutely amazing!

I can't believe that people are paying more for ugly Civics.
2011 Kizashi SX
SamirD

puckaveli wrote:I always get Nokian Hakkapalita snows, they are the best snow tire I've ever used hands down. They are certainly more expensive but absolutely worth it.
I seriously considered getting these as they were carried by a local shop even though they're a Canadian tire. But the Altimaxs were the cheapest and still had very high, if not the highest ratings I found. I think they are actually a re-badged version of a Canadian tire as well.
KIZFAN2 wrote:I can't believe that people are paying more for ugly Civics.
Seriously. But the average car buyer doesn't buy for the same reasons as we do. They also think of cars like an appliance, so to each their own. :lol: