The hood is sealed on the kizashi

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
rocket_man

So the Kizashi hood is sealed closed by 4 rubber strips, this is why the under hood temps are so high. I know Suzuki put the 4 rubber strips in for a reason, which is probably to keep rain off the electronics.

So what Iam thinking of doing is cutting the left half (driver side) off. This would still protect the right side where the alternator is, etc and still allow hot air to escape from under the good.

What do you guys think? Has anyone taken the entire strip off?
Mods: Cat Back, Under Drive Pulley, Strut Tower brace, K&N Filter, Sony Xplode 6 1/2 4 way speakers in rear, blacked out S in front grill, American Racing Alloys.
MadBlack

There is no reason to vent this hood - this is not a turbo car where heat soak may be an issue (typically on top mount coolers) - the under hoods temps are nothing to worry about.
~tc~

If you're that concerned about under hood temps, the slight gap around the hood isn't going to do anything, here's what you need:
http://www.hoodlouvers.com/index.html

And they WILL reduce your under hood temps ... Aim them right, and you won't have to worry about snow on your windshield either!
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Ronzuki

Around hear, salt spray gets all over the front of the SX4's engine and corrodes that daylights out of everything and anything metal. It's hood /ront end is similar enough to the Kizashi in shape and design, but does not seal up nearly as well as the Kizashi. I would most definitely not remove any of the seals. They engineered it that way to keep crud out for a reason.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Trailboss

Ronzuki wrote:Around hear, salt spray gets all over the front of the SX4's engine and corrodes that daylights out of everything and anything metal. It's hood /ront end is similar enough to the Kizashi in shape and design, but does not seal up nearly as well as the Kizashi. I would most definitely not remove any of the seals. They engineered it that way to keep crud out for a reason.
Excellent point.
nytq

This type of engineering is done for a reason. I doubt they just put them in so the engine compartment would run hotter then it was designed too. Same with the sound insulater on the hood. All these components are there for a reason. They all affect temp, sound, debris and water intrusion. Keep in mind an engine works optimally at a certain temp, and the faster it gets to that temp the better. If your having overheating issues, than that is another problem that should be addressed by the dealer, otherwise don't try to fix what aint broke LOL
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
BxKizashiS

u can put like maybe 4 washers on the hood hinge bolts to raise it like half an each or 1... i did that to my honda prelude when i had it, gives it a nice look and lets hot air out and cool air in... not alot but alil
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi