Intake/Catback ordered

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
puckaveli

Summit Racing has a least 10 Borla's for Kizashi's in stock. A guy Ii ride with works there and has been hassling me to get one for months.
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
2013 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
2006 Kawaski 636
SamirD

puckaveli wrote:Summit Racing has a least 10 Borla's for Kizashi's in stock. A guy Ii ride with works there and has been hassling me to get one for months.
Sweet! Good to know there's some out there. 8-)

Now, the question is how long to wait before the prices plummet. :lol:
hyper gear

Is the RRM cat-back stainless steel (T304), or alumininized with ceramic coating?
Woodie

I was completely wrong about this, I put magnet to me RRM exhaust and it stuck, so it's NOT stainless.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
~tc~

Woodie wrote:I was completely wrong about this, I put magnet to me RRM exhaust and it stuck, so it's NOT stainless.
Not true, only 300 series stainless is non-magnetic.

400 series stainless is magnetic.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
hyper gear

Real Stainless steel doesnt stick to magnets (T304-best).
~tc~

hyper gear wrote:Real Stainless steel doesnt stick to magnets (T304-best).
Once again, not true. Some stainless is magnetic, and some is not.

Agreed, type 304 is not magnetic - but that does not mean its best for an exhaust. For example, in the same family - 316 is far more corrosion resistant, and the 4xx series (which is magnetic) is much stronger, especially at higher temperatures. "Duplex" stainless steel actually combines both of these and you get the best of both worlds to some degree.

IMHO, as a metallurgist, titanium is far and away the best material for exhaust systems, if cost isn't a factor. Totally immune to oxidizing environment corrosion (most of what an exhaust will be exposed to), good high temperature properties, good strength, and the low modulus provides a "springiness" to help accommodate the movement of the engine and dampens the sound.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic