Kizashi gaz Mileage(only AWD please) with a Full gaz tank

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
yoshi2012

ipaqxman wrote:
yoshi2012 wrote:I had been averaging 14 mpg in all city driving. I've got the 2012 SLS awd. I was told to try a product called "Cataclean" which is an additive that supposed to clean your fuel system to include your catalytic converter and make your car run more efficiently. I rand my tank to 1\4 added the Cataclean and drove it until I was running on fumes. I just filled up with 91 shell vPower. I'll report back to see if I get better performance and mpg. If I do I will attribute this to the Cataclean because I noticed better acceleration when I was driving around with the 1\4 tank along with the cataclean in it. I'm not sure if higher octange will give me even more power and better mpg but it was worth a try. If I cant hit 19-20 mpg in city driving the. I'll just stick with the OEM recommended 87 Octane.
Whats your average speed in mph on your dash?
Avg speed is 34mph. I just filled up again and I averaged 13.6 mpg. :(
MrNWA

I personally only ever run the Shell Silver unless Air Miles 10x are on the Vpower oher than that my car uses 89 and i get about 467 km from full to empty with a K&N drop in filter 12 SLS AWD and i have subwoofers in my car and BF Goodrich G-Force tires

Question has anyone ever tried any of the Eco tires like Ecopia or anything

Also im in Nova Scotia so we have lots of hills
ciscokidinsf

Just got a 2012 Kizzy SLS AWD, 50K miles in - and the wife is alreasy so f*cking mad at me - first two tanks so far, we haven't broke 21MPG, with combined highway/city driving - WTF? All in 2WD

I'm going to start tracking MPG manually but really this is a deep disappointment, at least 24MPG is what I expected, and even that's insanely low for a 2.4L 4cyl engine in 2012.

I think that the SLS AWD is the worst setup for the Kiz, FWD, & manuals are great. But the extra weight for the AWD just messes up the car. I should not have pulled the trigger on this one. :facepalm:
Speed_Racer

ciscokidinsf wrote:Just got a 2012 Kizzy SLS AWD, 50K miles in - and the wife is alreasy so f*cking mad at me - first two tanks so far, we haven't broke 21MPG, with combined highway/city driving - WTF? All in 2WD

I'm going to start tracking MPG manually but really this is a deep disappointment, at least 24MPG is what I expected, and even that's insanely low for a 2.4L 4cyl engine in 2012.

I think that the SLS AWD is the worst setup for the Kiz, FWD, & manuals are great. But the extra weight for the AWD just messes up the car. I should not have pulled the trigger on this one. :facepalm:
Are you going off the in-dash trip computer or manually calculating after each fill up?
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
bootymac

My Kizashi is a gas guzzler in the city. I normally see ~20mpg in city driving conditions. It's significantly better on the highway though (~30mpg)
ciscokidinsf

First two tanks were manually calculated. Plus its very noticeable coming from a 2008 Sentra 2.0 CVT - That CVT whined loudly but knew what stomping in the gas meant in the highway. The Kizzy, not so much. (Wife got hit, Sentra was totaled, got a Kiz AWD. Now a tank doesn't last 3 weekdays.

The central cluster MPG info is a joke, and the 'real time MPG bar chart' is a child's toy - It's so stupid moving back and forth from 60MPG to 10MPG all in 10 seconds - Really sad that the MPG info is so wrong

I'll write down the next few tanks - but it's not going to look good. What's the point of the CVT if not better MPG??
KuroNekko

ciscokidinsf wrote:Just got a 2012 Kizzy SLS AWD, 50K miles in - and the wife is alreasy so f*cking mad at me - first two tanks so far, we haven't broke 21MPG, with combined highway/city driving - WTF? All in 2WD

Keep in mind winter fuel blend and winter driving conditions eat into fuel efficiency. I too have seen a significant drop in fuel economy and I have a 6 speed manual. I'm seeing an average of about 22~23 MPG when in the summer, the identical driving conditions returned 25~26 MPG. The cold weather affects fuel efficiency in ways ranging from oil viscosity due to increased warm-up time to denser air on aerodynamics. Add snow and ice and you're looking at a combination of factors eating away at efficiency.

While it may seem that AWD is a curse in the efficiency equation, I was recently in a situation where having AWD would have got me out of it easily. I was in a gas station in a shoddy part of DC that had an oddly-shaped water drain in the parking lot. It was almost like an inverted speed bump. Well, my front tires dropped into it and guess what? With the ice and snow packed in there, I was stuck. It took me 20 minutes of wedging pieces of wood and rocks and spinning my wheels to finally get out. If I had AWD, I would had been out of there without ever getting out of the car.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

Why is she so mad about the gas mileage? A lot of that has to do with how the car is driven, and the EPA tests are under certain conditions that the manufacturers can tune their cars for, which will ultimately not end up in the real world.

I think it is important for her to understand that mileage isn't the end all and be all for a car. If so, the Kizashi definitely isn't the right pick.
n8dogg

By manual calculations I barley eke out over 20 mpg in FWD on my AWD SLS. Winter gas brought it lower to 17! If I totally baby it sometimes I get 22 mpg following the same commuting travel on summer gas. I barely beat the family minivan, a Toyota Sienna. On a recent 3000 mile road trip however involving mostly interstates, I averaged 29 mpg. If I had bought this vehicle for the MPG I’d be pissed too! I bought if for every other reason I guess and can only fantasize about a manual with my AWD. Because aside from that I love this car.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
Ronzuki

2WD, AWD...it doesn't matter. If it's an AWD car all the drivetrain parts are spinning and the weight of those parts doesn't magically disappear in 2WD "mode". The biggest factor, as has been elaborated on numerous times, is your right foot. Other than that, winter gas quality and bitter cold temperatures are not friendly to Suzuki's in general. There is also an unproven notion that faltering, or not quite up to 100% condition, CVTs may be the culprit for returning poor mpg numbers between different Kiz owners' cars.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)