Spark plugs for the Kizashi

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
amarlondis

I found 2 type of spark plugs that is said to be great for any car including Suzuki Kizashi. its the E3 Spark Plugs, and the Pulstar Pulse Plugs. The E3 Spark Plugs is said to be efficient, while Pulstar Pulse Plugs is said to have give a bigger spark and works better. Does anyone try any of these spark plugs in their car and do you notice any difference in fuel milage and or acceleration?
Woodie

No spark plug is going to make any measurable difference in power or efficiency. The Platinum and Iridium type last longer, but any improvement is only because the old ones were not doing a good job before you changed them.

Modern engines are pretty easy to spark off, a bigger coil, fancy wires, fancy plugs, more or less gap, are all going to have little or no effect. Unless you've turbocharged to like double the power, or have increased the redline to substantially higher than stock, the factory system is more than enough.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
amarlondis

Thanks I appreciate that, its funny they advertised these spark plugs, thats cost a lot of money with a lot of promises and they're all the same.. My Kizashi is a CVT transmission, and the last time I check they don't have turbo for that kind of car. So if I wish to go faster, I would rather go with a racing intake manifold and throttle body or better an ITB (individual throttle body), thats if there's any available for the Kizashi
murcod

Yes, don't waste your money.

If you want to improve the performance of your Kizashi put it on a diet and get rid rid of unnecessary weight. All those other bits you mention are going to cost a fortune and may not give the improvement you want.
David
KuroNekko

Woodie wrote:No spark plug is going to make any measurable difference in power or efficiency. The Platinum and Iridium type last longer, but any improvement is only because the old ones were not doing a good job before you changed them.

Modern engines are pretty easy to spark off, a bigger coil, fancy wires, fancy plugs, more or less gap, are all going to have little or no effect. Unless you've turbocharged to like double the power, or have increased the redline to substantially higher than stock, the factory system is more than enough.
Exactly.

My personal preference are NGK Iridium IX. They are only several bucks and they last quite a while. There are better iridium plugs out there, but I'm just more eager to change plugs sooner so I use the IX which are rated up to 75,000 miles. I usually change them sooner. That being said, I'm using what came from the factory. My car has less than 25,000 miles.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

amarlondis wrote:Thanks I appreciate that, its funny they advertised these spark plugs, thats cost a lot of money with a lot of promises and they're all the same.
Anyone remember splitfire plugs? Yep, same gimmick, same waste of money.

If there was any real benefit to better plugs, manufacturers would have started putting them in from the factory. They did with platinum and iridium plugs, so you know those aren't just hype.
SamirD

murcod wrote:If you want to improve the performance of your Kizashi put it on a diet and get rid rid of unnecessary weight.
Power to weight ratio ftw. You can improve this by either increasing the power or reducing the weight. I know a quick way to improve this for me would be for me to lose 50 lbs. :o It's one of the reason all the professional race car drivers are tiny men. Kinda like horse jockeys I guess.
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:My personal preference are NGK Iridium IX.
I discovered an interesting fact about NGKs plug distribution in the US. The plugs you get from the parts stores isn't the same as factory plugs. I tested this once myself buying 'Honda' plugs for my Accord vs the parts store. HUGE difference in quality, made in Japan vs US, and only 20 cents more each. Well worth the <$1.

Anytime a manufacturer sells plugs, I try to buy them from the dealership now because of this.
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:
I discovered an interesting fact about NGKs plug distribution in the US. The plugs you get from the parts stores isn't the same as factory plugs. I tested this once myself buying 'Honda' plugs for my Accord vs the parts store. HUGE difference in quality, made in Japan vs US, and only 20 cents more each. Well worth the <$1.

Anytime a manufacturer sells plugs, I try to buy them from the dealership now because of this.
It depends on the type of spark plug. The NGK Iridium IX are aftermarket and they are made in Japan. Some others like the NGK V-Powers are made in the USA.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

SamirD wrote:

Were they the exact same part number? I didn't think there would be such a large difference