Exhaust

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Dthrill_08

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has installed a muffler in their Kizashi. I am looking to put one but I don't want that raspy Honda sound. I am keeping my Cat converters so it shouldn't sound like that. I had Magnaflow on my Lincoln LS but that was a V8 and it sounded beautiful but it won't fit this car.
SamirD

If you do a search, you'll find several threads on an exhaust.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend it. A little 2.4 like on the Kizashi won't sound great without a really well-designed system by someone like Greddy. Borla made one, but they're hard to find now.
paininthenuts

SamirD wrote:If you do a search, you'll find several threads on an exhaust.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend it. A little 2.4 like on the Kizashi won't sound great without a really well-designed system by someone like Greddy. Borla made one, but they're hard to find now.
That's the big difference in the UK. You refer to the 2.4 as being small, whereas over here it's classed as huge. Our petrol engines generally vary from 800cc to about 1.8 ltr. Vary rare do you see anything bigger. I suppose the fact our fuel is over twice the price makes a difference though.
SamirD

paininthenuts wrote:That's the big difference in the UK. You refer to the 2.4 as being small, whereas over here it's classed as huge. Our petrol engines generally vary from 800cc to about 1.8 ltr. Vary rare do you see anything bigger. I suppose the fact our fuel is over twice the price makes a difference though.
Oh I know. ;) My uncle lives there and at one point I was riding along with his friends going 125mph in a little 1.0L on the M25.

I should have made my answer a little more international. A 4 cylinder in general needs a lot more design to make it sound good vs a 6/8 cylinder. It's why Civics have been given a bad reputation for being raspy--the good exhaust designs are expensive.
BxKizashiS

There seems to be a muffler like in the middle of the car like under where the feet or the back seat passengers would be. I eliminated that and put straight pipe.. With everything else stock it sounds pretty nice when i start up the car and drive it in manual mode.. I really want to get 2 new mufflers though. Either Vibrant, Magnaflow or Borla
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
SamirD

BxKizashiS wrote:There seems to be a muffler like in the middle of the car like under where the feet or the back seat passengers would be. I eliminated that and put straight pipe.. With everything else stock it sounds pretty nice when i start up the car and drive it in manual mode.. I really want to get 2 new mufflers though. Either Vibrant, Magnaflow or Borla
That's not a bad idea. It would give you some sound for sure. Although, with how particular the car is to intake/exhaust mods, there could be other consequences.
BxKizashiS

SamirD wrote:
BxKizashiS wrote:There seems to be a muffler like in the middle of the car like under where the feet or the back seat passengers would be. I eliminated that and put straight pipe.. With everything else stock it sounds pretty nice when i start up the car and drive it in manual mode.. I really want to get 2 new mufflers though. Either Vibrant, Magnaflow or Borla
That's not a bad idea. It would give you some sound for sure. Although, with how particular the car is to intake/exhaust mods, there could be other consequences.

no consequences for me. No lights on my dash came on or nothing. And i had this done for my car over 7 months already
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
bootymac

That's simply a resonator delete and there shouldn't be any problems if you're leaving the cat and O2 sensors alone.

I'm very curious to hear how it sounds! How much louder is it?
SamirD

bootymac wrote:That's simply a resonator delete and there shouldn't be any problems if you're leaving the cat and O2 sensors alone.
I agree, but the car seems to be particular to these type of mods. :?
murcod

The biggest issue would be the increased probability of droning at highway speeds. The engine ECU shouldn't care at all. Did the resonator have a reduced internal diameter - or was it the same as the piping?

Ditching the rear mufflers would be interesting. They appear to be a bit restrictive.
David