The "unicorn" is getting it's turbo!!!!!

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
bootymac

What's more shocking are the stock numbers. Only 129whp?!
Armykizyguy92

Idk what they did cuz the first time I ever dynoed mine I had a spark plug issue and still put 155 down ...
Current "stage 2" 2015 wrx base world rally blue

Previous 2011 Kizzy Sport SLS FWD 6-Spd
Custom exhaust, 20% tint
Soon to have H&R springs and Stage 2 turbo from RRM
Armykizyguy92

Maybe that's the cvt model I can see that ..

Custom exhaust, 20% tint
bootymac

Ah, that's a possibility. Regardless, the boosted numbers are quite impressive!
murcod

bootymac wrote:
What's more shocking are the stock numbers. Only 129whp?!
That's around 97kW at the wheels - I'd say that's a realistic figure from vehicles I've seen dynoed in the past. My last vehicle was rated at the same engine power output and achieved 103kW at the wheels, other near identical vehicles achieved anywhere from the low 90kW mark.

The other figures..... yes impressive. But how long will the engine/ drive train last if you decide to use all that power? :shock:
David
bootymac

25% drive train loss seems excessive, even for AWD. Something is off with the baseline especially when compared to the tuned numbers. 155whp is more realistic
murcod

It all depends on the dyno calibration, what correction factor is used and where they place the air temperature probe. Basically, there are a lot of ways you can fudge dyno figures. People also tend to take their vehicles to shops that give the better results- rather than wanting something accurate... but more disappointing to show their mates.

Like I said, 97kW is in the right ball park with other FWD vehicles I've seen dynoed with the same rated engine output. That was on a local dyno with a reputation for being accurate - others in the area had proven to give vastly more optimistic results with the same vehicles. :roll:

PS: Factory quoted engine power outputs are often rated/ tested without the normal accessories fitted (eg. alternator) or standard exhaust system fitted.
David
Armykizyguy92

Also look really close at the stock run.. See that loop around 3700 rpm that my friends is cvt slip something they have started to notice on the new wrx as well it's a weird thing and I can't remember why it happens or what exactly happens but that's a tell tell sign

Custom exhaust, 20% tint
bootymac

Here's another CVT AWD dyno with disappointing numbers: http://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12777

It's an invalid run since it was left in auto but it might explain RRM's baseline dyno.

Why are people doing dyno runs in auto :facepalm:
Armykizyguy92

No clue but I'm so glad I made the dealer only show me his maunals on the lot. I would seriously have punched myself in the face if I got this car with anything but the 6mt :)

Custom exhaust, 20% tint