ECU perfomance

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
BraxMan

Has anyone done anything with the ECU to improve performance?

I sure everyone (well, everyone with the cvt) has noticed the lack of "holy crap" factor when accelerateing off the line. I'm wondering if the ECU has anything to do with this.
2011 Black SE
Ronzuki

There were attempts made at that with the SX4's ECU yielding not so wonderful results over-all. Doubtful anyone would commercially attempt that on a car model with such an extremely low population.

The lack of "holy-crap" excitement off the line has everything to do with throttling back the "holy-crap" disappointment and anger of the CVT self-destructing.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

RRM makes a performance ECU for both the CVT and manual Kizashi. Here's the one for the CVT:
http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/in ... cts_id=625

However, if you truly want better off-the-line performance in the Kizashi, ditch the CVT model and get the manual. However, the trade-off will be the AWD.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

Hmmm... My opinion is that Suzuki intentionally de-tuned the engine on CVT models to protect the CVT. I wonder what might happen to the CVT if you increase the engine output (transmission input) HP by 10?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Ronzuki

I agree. I think that the CVT in the Kiz is at its limit.
Ron

LPSISRL

I remember when I had my SX4 and was on the SX4 forum a lot, there were a bunch of SX4 owners who had installed an ECM piggy-back from RRM and were happy with it. I don't think I've ever read a thread here about the Kizashi piggy back. Matter of fact, I didn't even know it existed until yesterday. Does anyone have one and can give us a report on it?
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
Ronzuki

I didn't know any items for the Kiz's ECU existed either. My comment was based upon a factory ECU being sent 'somewhere' and 'tuned' as opposed to an add-on module. Many were having issues with simply getting their ECUs returned in a timely fashion to put back in to their, useless, cars. Others had bought a second used factory ECU to drive around on while the other was out f0r programming. Either way, the consensus was that, as I recall, the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.
Ron

LPSISRL

I had the ECU on my SX4 reprogrammed when we got that group discount thing. I had no issues with shipping and returns and the vendor was responsive to my inquiries. I also timed my down time when I was gone for a week anyway. Having a third car didn't hurt either. My butt dyno said that there was improvement in the acceleration lag (a big SX4 problem) and maybe a little better acceleration as well. Gas mileage was unchanged. For the $500 it was not worth it.

Now that I look back in this forum, there was an offer from Dynotronics to get a group going here but there were no takers.

The piggy-back was a different add on as I'm sure you're all aware. I haven't seen an ECU re-program for the Kizashi but curious as to whether anyone's done the piggy-back thing on our cars.
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
SamirD

I think the easiest thing I've found to help with acceleration on the cvt is to hit the downshift paddle once while your foot is in it.

As far as ecu tuning--boy that's going to be a niche inside a niche!
WESHOOT2

The electronics in the CVT models limit torque at take-off.

As stated above, "grenade".....