Replacement Tires for Suzuki Kizashi 2013

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
robertlstreet

Good day, I just replaced my oringinal Dunlops at 83,000kms. with Michelin MXM4 all season. The Dunlops were severily worn on 3 of the 4 inside edges. The drivers front wore evenly. I noticed excessive wear at 40,000 on the passenger front. I put that tire on the rear had an alignment done and got another 40,000 kms. It appears if the tires are a bit underinflated, less than 38psi, the inside edge wear increases. So keep your tires at or near 38 psi.
At about 80kms per hour the tire hum from the rear tires was becoming excessive. Sounded like a worn bearing. The new tires are much quieter than the Dunlops ever were. They make the car feel more silky a ride, in a good way.
I live in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and have never had a tire problem with cold weather or snow. Mostly becasue of my driving habits. I drive about 40,000 kms per year now. When it gets a bit slippery I put it in 4 wheel and move on. I have Goodyear Eagles on my Ford Fusion and those tires are not meant for cold weather. My son says they get very slippery on the cold, snowy days. I have had 3 sets of them on that car and when I drove it all the time...seldom did they slip but they did perform differenly when cold. Driving habits and adjusting for the condition. Experience pay off when driving. Considering snow tires for him for that car. I reviewed the snow tire specs and maily the stopping distance inprovement is what makes them preferred in cold weather. I have Goodyear Triple Treads on my Suzuki SX4. Those are ok but not great for cold weather. Will not be paying a premium for those again.
So if you want a quiet, smooth feeling tire with good wet payment grip you may want to look at the Michelin MXM4. I do not know how well they will preform in the cold and snow but the roads are well kept in the GTA and I do not anticipate any problems.
KuroNekko

Thanks for the input. A lot of people had negative experiences with the stock Dunlops. When new, they were good but they wore out rather fast and their grip quickly deteriorated. I think the average life of those tires among members here is like 32,500 miles. The Kizashi was also known to have some strange alignment issues from the factory which contributed to the rapid wear of tires. Suzuki actually revised their alignment specs following that.

I think where you live and your winter conditions really dictate what kind of tires you need. For people in Canada and the northern USA, winter tires sound like a must. For folks in lower regions with light or moderate snow, All Seasons should be adequate. I live in Maryland which gets a light to moderate amount of snow. I have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires which are All Season Ultra High Performance tires which suit my needs well.
Folks down South, Southwest, and in other parts of the world that don't see snow much, if at all, can probably get around fine all year round on Summer tires.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

First I check their weight.....(http://www.TireRack.com)

I explore their chosen materials, their construction, and tread pattern.
Since my regular travel includes un-paved roads, these things matter much, for I pound down all roads with similar verve.

I think of Michelin as a 'go to' choice when you just want good tires. There may always be better choices, how much better can be moot.

I need a mud/gravel/rock/pavement tire that's at least V-rated.
nytq

I decided to try out snow tires this winter. Although I will admit the reason I've hesitated mounting winter tires in the past was price. But this year I found these Federal Himalaya WS2 that fit the Kizzy. And only about $100 each. So I'll let you all know my impression once i mount them next month some time. Online reviews don't point to anything too negative. Actually all I've found where very positive reviews, but I'll be the judge and for the price even a mediocre review is acceptable.
IMG_20151018_090931127.jpg
IMG_20151018_090931127.jpg (278.39 KiB) Viewed 8731 times
IMG_20151018_090949241_HDR.jpg
IMG_20151018_090949241_HDR.jpg (281.5 KiB) Viewed 8731 times
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
Marcov71

Oh wow, that's a pretty good deal. Where did you buy them?
2012 Kizashi CVT AWD/ w paint chips :shock:
Orange County/Brooklyn NY
nytq

Marcov71 wrote:Oh wow, that's a pretty good deal. Where did you buy them?
MAVIS TIRE

http://www.mavistire.com/productcart/pc ... tire=50424
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
SamirD

robertlstreet wrote:I live in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada...
I've driven to there! :drive: We have some good friends that live there.

You should see how great the Kiashi is with proper snow tires. Imagine 100% more driveability, cornering and stopability. I'll never drive in snow without snows ever again.
nytq wrote:I decided to try out snow tires this winter. Although I will admit the reason I've hesitated mounting winter tires in the past was price. But this year I found these Federal Himalaya WS2 that fit the Kizzy. And only about $100 each. So I'll let you all know my impression once i mount them next month some time. Online reviews don't point to anything too negative. Actually all I've found where very positive reviews, but I'll be the judge and for the price even a mediocre review is acceptable.
IMG_20151018_090931127.jpg
IMG_20151018_090949241_HDR.jpg
Great price on a great tire! I remember reading about those during my research. You should be quite pleased. 8-)