Manafold dump sounds

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
Obama_is_hot6

I disconnected the exhaust right after the manifold (before the resignator, about 8 inches down down), then cold started and reved it to 6k rpm. sounds pretty damn good. The video doesnt do it justice is was LOUD

https://youtube.com/shorts/T56JephvegQ? ... IJscks4tEZ
YUUUURT
n8dogg

ooh, that does sound nice!
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
Obama_is_hot6

n8dogg wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:41 pm ooh, that does sound nice!
yeah lol it was surprisingly deep sounding especially for a 4cyl, next time im by it ill take another video and try to capture how it sound better
YUUUURT
KuroNekko

Your post and video got me thinking about the engine and Suzuki models that had/have it. It was apparently retired as no global Suzuki product has the J24B anymore. It makes sense given the age of the engine and Suzuki, much like Honda, now favoring smaller displacement turbo engines. It looks like they replaced the 2.4 liter engine with a 1.5 liter turbo and mild hybrid systems in models that used to have the J24B.

https://www.globalsuzuki.com/automobile/
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Obama_is_hot6

KuroNekko wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:59 am Your post and video got me thinking about the engine and Suzuki models that had/have it. It was apparently retired as no global Suzuki product has the J24B anymore. It makes sense given the age of the engine and Suzuki, much like Honda, now favoring smaller displacement turbo engines. It looks like they replaced the 2.4 liter engine with a 1.5 liter turbo and mild hybrid systems in models that used to have the J24B.

https://www.globalsuzuki.com/automobile/
oh neat i had no idea
YUUUURT
SAEED_KIZZY

I don't think video plays all the frequency generated by the engine my guess would be massive sound, my friend's car has a hole in the exhaust downpipe causing his car to fail inspection!
not to mention the error code generated for the downstream O2 sensor.
Obama_is_hot6

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:30 pm I don't think video plays all the frequency generated by the engine my guess would be massive sound, my friend's car has a hole in the exhaust downpipe causing his car to fail inspection!
not to mention the error code generated for the downstream O2 sensor.
yeah the second i started it up with the manifold taken off i got a check engine light
if i can find an extra pair of tires i was thinking of doing a massive front wheel drive burnout as a send off of my car, good way to go imo
YUUUURT