JUST BOUGHT 2012 MY13 AWD Sport .....

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
Tamstaz

Ok so now they have had my car for 3 days - they have pulled off the tint on the back window, pulled out the head unit and the amp, and sub-woofer trying to find the fault.
They told me today they need it for another day or so why they wait for direction from Suzuki head office as to what they want to do. They recon its the back window screen that holds the reception. So no car- between having it in the stereo place for a week and now at the service center, and being on crutches not able to drive my car - everyone's had it for longer than what I have...... : )
Tamstaz

Its now Friday - I was told last night that they are taking it back to the custom fit audio guys -coz now they recon its their fault due to the new speakers being put in!! Hello SUZUKI - its the radio that doesn't hold reception!! So much for just replacing the rear window....
murcod

Hmmmm.... doesn't sound like they're too good at fault finding problems!

Do you know if they've done the basics and checked the antenna lead is plugged in the back of the head unit properly?
David
Tamstaz

Hi David,
went down to the audio guy today -who surprise surprise - has my car!! he has now proven that it is the new garman unit that is causing the problem -and they did try another garman unit with the same issue.....so now its a bit of a Mexican stand off as to what is going to happen now. There is some talk about replacing it with another unit fujitsu that is apparently a lot better unit, but the problem is that a lot of the other units doesn't have the same "looms" and hook up system to be able to use it from the steering wheel ect. Have you heard of any one else complain about the static from the new my13 model garman units?
murcod

Fujitsu head units should be pretty good, so are you saying they make your Garmin Nav unit? I believe there's some sort of antenna amplifier in the Kizashis? If there is, that could be the problem as it would be fitted before the head unit. See here http://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11402 and here http://www.oemsuzukiparts.com/parts/201 ... mCallOut=3 (item number 3 on the diagram.) There's also a noise filter that could cause problems.

I get some static on mine, but it's in the same areas that my previous vehicle also suffered problems (in hilly areas on FM.)
David
Tamstaz

Morning Dave,
No Fujitsu is a completely different unit made by eclipse (or so my audio guy tells me -and he said it shits all over the garmin unit for quality.) He said this particular garmin unit is made in Korea with a garmin sticker stuck on it. The audio guy showed me all the antenna bits and pieces that could possibly help - and he did try one lot out but he said that one would just mask the problem not fix it. The Suzuki dealership are apparently going to be dropping off a car that has the fujitsu unit in it and see if we can do a change over with it. I said that's fine -I just don't want the car back until its right.
murcod

Yes, Fujitsu make Eclipse and they've got a good reputation. The optional Nav unit for my 2011 model was an Eclipse and I'd much rather have that than my Kenwood unit.

I had a feeling the current Nav units were perhaps a cheaply made item. They certainly don't (cosmetically) look like an expensive head unit; it's a pity Suzuki decided to head down that path after fitting Rockford Fosgate....
David
Tamstaz

Hi David,
Finally got the car back after 2 weeks (been going through separation anxiety!! : ) ) The Service mob are still blaming the custom fit audio guys and the audio guys recon its a fault with the new head unit. Sadly no new head unit. they said they put a new Arial in as well as the existing one - and now its working fine. No one is taking the blame for it, s still none the wiser, just a little jack of it all.
Tamstaz

Another question...I have the button on the right hand side for head light washer - but nothing happens....is this normal? since I have the top of the range I just thought this would be a working feature?
murcod

Try it with the head lights on. My last vehicle had HID lights and it only functioned with the headlights on.
David