2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport MT

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
NickL

Hi guys!

As I promised that I will post some pics, here is my 2012 Suzuki Kizashi that i bought few days ago. The car has around 63000 miles, from second owner, accident free and the Oil in engine was replaced every 6 to 7000 miles. It is in good condition but I will havel to repaint the rims. Previous owner was probably using some aggressive supstances for cleaning rims and he was able to damage the paint. So I was thinking of repainting the rims in silver gun metal paint. Or has somebody better proposition?

Anyway, so far I have been very satisfied wth how it looks and how it drives, and if it serves me well, I plan to keep it a few years, maybe even longer...
Attachments
$_3 (18).jpg
$_3 (18).jpg (63.65 KiB) Viewed 12614 times
$_3 (14).jpg
$_3 (14).jpg (56.68 KiB) Viewed 12615 times
$_3 (13).jpg
$_3 (13).jpg (64.61 KiB) Viewed 12615 times
$_3 (1).jpg
$_3 (1).jpg (50.92 KiB) Viewed 12615 times
$_3 (6).jpg
$_3 (6).jpg (70.32 KiB) Viewed 12615 times
$_3 (4).jpg
$_3 (4).jpg (63.92 KiB) Viewed 12615 times
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
KlutzNinja

The occasional ding aside, your model looks to be in pretty nice shape! A clean white looks really nice on the Kizashi. As does the lack of ugly orange illuminated markers on the front bumper, which American models are stuck with lol.
As for the wheels... A gunmetal gray would go well with the dark chrome grill, although you can’t go wrong with the silver color it originally came with, either. A darker color would definitely stand out more, though.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
NickL

Thanks. I also really like the white color, even though my previous car was also white. It has an Pearl effect so when the Sun shines it looks even better. And the white color is so easy to keep clean...

However, previous owner did something on the car that I am not fan of. He removed all Suzuki decalls and Badge from the trunk door. Most probably he thought it would look cool when the car doesn't have any recognizable markings.

Anyway, I plan to put it back where it was, at least Suzuki leathers and S badge. There are many of these on ebay, but i am not quite sure which dimensions are the right ones.

Can somebody please measure the lenght and width of Suzuki leathers and diameter of S badge so that i know what to order? I would really apprecciate it...
Woodie

Beautiful car,. welcome to the fun NickL

You should thank the previous owner for taking all the unpaid advertising off the rear of your car, that's the first thing that should be done to any car. (unless it's a very rare classic model which must be kept 100% factory to retain its value) I can see maybe replacing the big S in the middle of the trunk lid, but there shouldn't be any words there.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
NickL

Well, the opinions are different for sure, but I like to keep it OEM as long as possible.

How big is the S sign on the trunk? 8 cm?
BLyons

NickL wrote:Well, the opinions are different for sure, but I like to keep it OEM as long as possible.

How big is the S sign on the trunk? 8 cm?
Yes, it's 8 cm high and 8 cm wide
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
NickL

And what about "Suzuki" letters? How big are they?
KlutzNinja

NickL wrote:And what about "Suzuki" letters? How big are they?
I don’t know the dimensions of the emblems, but if you want to buy them online you can find their parts numbers here, and from there look them up to find who is selling them. What I do is copy the parts number listed on this catalogue website, then paste the number into a search engine and usually a number of parts websites will come up, and at that point you can compare prices. So far that’s worked pretty well for me in locating the exact parts I need. Not sure If anyone else here does things differently.
Just a heads-up: if these parts/emblems ship from Japan, it might take a while or a lot of money to ship them, due to the pandemic affecting Japan’s shipping policies.
You may also be able to find them on a site like EBay, where a seller might be closer to you, and might be able to ship things quicker and for less money.
https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine ... uid=446&q=
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
NickL

Thanks a lot men! Your advice made my life easier. :)
NickL

So... I suddenly decided not to paint the rims. Instead I made a decision to plasti dip them.

At the end it is gonna be Anthracit Grey color. However I don't know if I need a base coat for this color? Something like a black matt?

And If I do need the Basis, do I need one can of matt colour and then one can of grey for each rim, or can I for example buy 2 Cans of matt for 4 Rims and then 4 cans more with gray?

Thanks in advance!