Post your wheel/suspension setups...

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
TRaj2327

Don't do not hesitate to post anything that you have done...

but I'm looking most specifically for those who are running on dropped (or SLS suspension) and 18-19" setups running 8.5"+ widths.

I was going to get a set for the winter because the paint flaking is driving me nuts but I'm leaning more toward powdercoating my stockers and getting a wider set for the summer since all that tire contact will suck for the snow. I'd like to go 18-19" and 9-9.5" width and wondering how easily it can be done.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO SHARE THE SPECS OF YOUR SETUP AS WELL...
Wheel diameter
Wheel width
Tire dimensions
Suspension setup/changes
Body modifications...rolled fenders, etc.
2011 Black Kizashi SLS - DD
- EBC Brakes
- 10% tint & debadged
2015 White Jeep Wrangler Altitude - Wife's ride
2004 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX - Garage queen
CG1

TRaj2327 wrote:I'm looking most specifically for those who are running 8.5"+ widths.
This will be a short thread.

Just got your PM, and it seems that my outgoing messages are stuck in the Outbox. Email me at: [email protected] to dive into the suspension stuff you asked me about. We'll get you on the ground. ;)
Last edited by CG1 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRaj2327

CG1 wrote:
TRaj2327 wrote:I'm looking most specifically for those who are running 8.5"+ widths.
This will be a short thread.

Just got your PM, and it seems that my outgoing messages are stuck in the Outbox. Email me at: [email protected] to dive into the suspension stuff you asked me about. We'll get you on the ground. ;)
I did...

Perhaps check your spam or junk folder

Thanks!
- EBC Brakes
- 10% tint & debadged
kconklin33

CG1 know his stuff. Anything else you may need help with I've done quite a bit. Also to answer your question about wheel width's I ran 18x 9.5's in the rear and 18x8.5" up front et38. Before I sold the wheels I also mocked the 9.5" in the front and they fit fine. Check out my thread if you haven't already. Currently building a set of 3 piece wheels. Mocked my specs up at 11.5 or 12" wide in the rear and 9.5-10 up front, size depending on the deal I get on my lips.
TRaj2327

Yea, I've got an AWD so running the same width is the plan. Maybe going to run slightly different offsets but not looking like it.
- EBC Brakes
- 10% tint & debadged
kconklin33

Same here. Width differences as far as I know shouldn't ruin your transmission, it's when your rolling diameter is changed that it will start to mess things up. Keep you overall diameter the same and you should be fine, at least that's the research I've concluded. CG1 and I have been discussing different setups and have some things mocked up for future use. I however, am strongly considering going the route of a custom air ride setup.
CG1

kconklin33 wrote:I however, am strongly considering going the route of a custom air ride setup.
Ef yes, son. You need to with those new baller dubs you acquired. Full pimp status! :mrgreen:

I'm heading the opposite way this winter. 4-corner Koni setup (Lord knows what possible reason anyone could have to pair these with a 180HP CVT). But there are things I simply must accomplish in my life .. and this is one of them ..
Attachments
5.jpg
5.jpg (183.8 KiB) Viewed 17224 times
Last edited by CG1 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
CG1

And for the topic at hand:
  • Wheels: VMR model VB3
    Size: 19x9.5
    Offset: ET45
    Lug: (custom drilled to 5x114.3)
    Tires: Delinte D7
    Size: 255/35/19
    Drop: Custom
    Alignment: OE spec
    Notes: No pulling. No cutting. No rubbing. (Liners pulled)
P1090484-rot-800.jpg
P1090484-rot-800.jpg (78.77 KiB) Viewed 17223 times
TRaj2327

kconklin33 wrote:Same here. Width differences as far as I know shouldn't ruin your transmission, it's when your rolling diameter is changed that it will start to mess things up. Keep you overall diameter the same and you should be fine, at least that's the research I've concluded. CG1 and I have been discussing different setups and have some things mocked up for future use. I however, am strongly considering going the route of a custom air ride setup.
I'm still hesitant to agree that that is safe and especially on the CVT. Many people have suggested against it in the past, and while you can get very very close to total outside diameter, I can see how there could be differences depending how much stretch or sidewall there is even if you buy the same height tire just in different width because tire width is in cm and rim width is in inches. It's not a perfect conversion. It seems plausible that you'd be "close enough," but I think the jury may still be out on a definitive answer.

Anyway, the purest in me wouldn't put different widths on an AWD even if I knew with 100% certainty it was good to go. It's just how I am.
- EBC Brakes
- 10% tint & debadged
kconklin33

Completely understandable. Always better safe than sorry. I've ran staggered widths as i mentioned and haven't seen any issues but then again I never engaged the car in awd. The only time that will ever be done is when I'm running my studded steelies in the winter which are obviously a square setup. My reasons for going staggered are simply because I crave a fat lip.

CG1, I'm thinking the air setup is almost necessity at this point, considering I'm only going to be on 17's. I so badly want to do a 17-19" step up but can't justify buying both barrels and lips. That would mean I spent $700 are just faces and hardware lol