Mitsu Galant for a day

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
MNSLS

Just shy of 60K and I have a decent length trip this coming week I thought I'd have the dealer change all the fluids. Brake, tranny, diff, radiator. All went well.

I received a 2011 Mitsubishi Galant for a loaner for the day. What a world of difference the two cars are. Having spend a number of months driving cars in the mid-size class I had skipped over the Galant. Good thing too. The car was noisy, bouncy over bumps . Handling was ok. Power was non-existent. The interior seemed fairly well put together with minimal gaps. The materials were cheap. The front seat was comfortable enough. It was fully loaded and had a touchscreen panel. That thing was awful. The interface was designed by playschool. The quality of the screen is aking to an iPad with vasoline rubbed all over it. MPG was not impressive either. About 26 according to the screen.

Mitsubishi have lost their mojo after the years. I think back to the first and second generation Eclipses. The Galant would have been decent enough vehicle about a decade ago.
Northernstar

When I first saw the Galant back in 98, the car looks sick and badass!! It makes me want to own one. But now......there's no way I am getting that ugly piece of crap = ="
Ronzuki

Back in the the mid-late 80s, I'd rent them all the time in PR, I'd specifically ask for one. They were great...handled well, plenty of get-up-and-go, an all around nice, sporty sedan. I'd have bought one back then. The new ones are simply butt ugly imho...haven't driven one, and it sounds like I don't need to.

The problem is after owning the Kiz, driving any other sedan in this class and price point is likely to be a huge disappointment.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
MNSLS

@RonZuki

You're likely right. If one was considering a used 2011 Galant vs a used 2011 Kizashi it's really a no brainer decision.