Boston Marathon 2013

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
twoqttsdad

Thoughts, prayers and a quick recovery to those who were hurt yesterday.
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
Wonson92

Well said.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
KuroNekko

Indeed.

There is a lot of messed up things going on in the world, but when a terrorist attack occurs somewhere close and familiar, it really shakes you up. This latest attack was at a crowded marathon in Boston. It could have easily been any large, popular event in a major US city that many of us would attend. I was at the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC last weekend which drew thousands and thousands of people. It makes me feel vulnerable and angry when innocent people are targeted in such senseless acts of violence. Then when you learn of the victims, you see that they were ordinary, everyday people who could have no way harmed or victimized the perpetrator(s) even in their wildest, most deranged beliefs. It's a senseless, cowardice act of violence.

I learned of the Boston Marathon bombings almost immediately after it occurred because I was on a news website around the time it happened. I saw a lot of the unedited photos and videos of the shear panic and the horrific injuries to the innocent people.

I am certain the FBI and police will make arrests in the near future. The undetonated bomb they recovered should provide some leads.

I am glad that the death toll was much lower than one would expect, but even one is too many. There were dozens of amputees whose lives will be forever changed.
Condolences to those who lost and suffered, but justice will be swift and certain.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)