Idiot deliberately destroys "lemon" Jeep

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
murcod

:roll:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/nati ... 6581e8834f

I hope the Environmental Protection Agency books them for pollution :x
David
KuroNekko

Can't believe you guys don't have lemon laws. I think the guy was going over the top, but it sounds like consumers are so helpless, they have to do something like this to get the publicity on the issue. I've also heard of Europeans publicly smashing up BMWs and Middle Easterners smashing up Jeeps for the same reason.

Americans usually don't have to go that far because the lemon laws protect the consumer. I personally know of a woman who had two CVTs fail in her 2014 Nissan Pathfinder with only 4000 miles on it. She consulted an attorney on lemon laws and had Nissan buy back the car. She now drives a Toyota Highlander.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

Agreed, we do need the laws locally.

However, that person has more money than sense. Chrysler gave them an extra year warranty, plus offered to buy it back at market value (which is better than most companies would do.) Trashing it is a huge waste when so many people struggle to even afford an old vehicle.

(PS: I would have had two horror vehicles bought back off me if we did have lemon laws! One of them would even make that Jeep look like a dream ownership experience. It got sold - traded at a dealer - just before the warranty expired.)
David