Suzuki leaving the Canadian Market?

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
puckaveli

If Suzuki would have thrown the same % of money and attention to marketing their cars as they do for their bikes they might have had a chance to grab market share, but they were going against automotive juggernauts in their segment. I really think for a foreign car maker to stand a chance in North America they need to have a plant here to make cars.
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
2013 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
2006 Kawaski 636
KuroNekko

puckaveli wrote:If Suzuki would have thrown the same % of money and attention to marketing their cars as they do for their bikes they might have had a chance to grab market share, but they were going against automotive juggernauts in their segment. I really think for a foreign car maker to stand a chance in North America they need to have a plant here to make cars.
Yup. The main reason being the strong yen and the relatively weak dollar. If cars are imported, they lose money. That's why nearly all Asian car companies make most of their best sellers in the USA. The only Asian company that currently does not is Mazda. They are also among the smaller companies. They used to build the Mazda6 in a Ford-shared plant, but Mazda packed up and left when sales dipped.
That being said, Mazda is coming back, but not to the US. They are opening a plant in Mexico to produce the Mazda2 and Mazda3.

Suzuki's were always imported because of how small they were in the US market. I personally prefer my Japanese cars to be made in Japan, but not building in a big market where you sell can make you very vulnerable to things like currency exchange rates.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Stodge

The "builder" page on Suzuki Canada's site has been disabled for a while. A sign or just they haven't switched to the new models yet?
jono6406

Wow, it doesn't look good!!!
babacu

Stodge

Just spotted this. :(
KuroNekko

Hate to say this, but the Kizashi will probably be cancelled in the near future. With no future sales in the US and Canada and poor sales just about everywhere else, it would not be feasible for Suzuki to keep it.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Northernstar

Oh crap, now my car is going to be an orphane :(
sciraddo

Kizashi is gone and replaced by this.

bootymac

Very nice. I'm also in BC. Did you trade in the Kizashi? If so, what year and mileage and how much did you get?