OFFICIAL: Bluetooth Device thread

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
TheHolyGhost

I'm starting this thread to keep track of which devices people have used that worked with the bluetooth system in the Kizashi.

I'll try to update this post to keep it up to date as people post below. This will by no means be an exhaustive list and is only intended to supplement Suzuki's list here

Apple
  • iPhone (1st gen): calls
  • iPhone 4: streaming audio, calls (also USB and Mapquest GPS)
  • iPad: Bluetooth audio (no USB)
Blackberry/RIM
  • Verizon Tour 9630: streaming audio, calls
  • 8900 : calls
Casio
  • G'zOne TYPE-S
Garmin
  • Nüvi 775T
HTC
  • Touch Pro2 (Windows) : streaming audio, calls
  • EVO 4G (Android) : streaming audio, calls
  • Nexus One
  • Incredible: phone, streaming audio
LG
  • Flare LX165
Motorola
  • Renegade V950
Samsung
  • SWAY : calls
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
KCKizashi

HTC Touch Pro2 (Windows) and HTC EVO 4G (Android) - both work without issue and paired up easily.

FYI - the Radio displays the code to input on your phone during the pairing process.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
Senegal

Blackberry 9700
autopiolet

I can't tell you how nice it is to hear that phones not listed on the Suzuki web site work. I purchased a T-Mobile Vibrant and was not able to pair it. My old phone that is listed pared with no problem so I took the Vibrant back and started using my old phone again. Now I have hope again. By the way can you stream music to it from the phone? If so does the phone still ring when the phone is streaming music?
BrashL

I have a minor suggestion. Could we expand the list to include phone call, phonebook and audio streaming compatibility? My 1st Gen iPhone works perfectly making calls, but doesn't seem to be able to do the latter two. Not a huge deal but when I upgrade I'd like to get one that does all three.
2010 Kizashi GTS
AWD CVT
Black Pearl Metallic
babacu

iPhone 3GS, phone and audio streaming. Haven't tried the phonebook part, although I seem to remember reading somewhere that it's not supposed to work.
Last edited by babacu on Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
lookin

my iphone4 works well streaming and when the phone rings i get caller id music gets paused and replays when im done im using the kenwood head unit with navigation very nice
TheHolyGhost

I don't think that the first gen iPhone has stereo bluetooth.

Feel free to update with what worked and I'll add it.
autopiolet wrote: If so does the phone still ring when the phone is streaming music?
It actually depends on your phone, not the car, but I've never used a phone that didn't pause the music and ring when a call was coming in.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
KCKizashi

KCKizashi wrote:HTC Touch Pro2 (Windows) and HTC EVO 4G (Android) - both work without issue and paired up easily.

FYI - the Radio displays the code to input on your phone during the pairing process.
Update: Both phones do streaming audio and calls. Also transmits the GPS turn-by-turn instructions over the car stereo and pauses/mutes the streaming audio when the GPS is talking.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
TObject

Casio G'zOne TYPE-S
Garmin Nüvi 775T