Kizashi second thoughts.. buyer's remorse.

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KiZoo

old tech wrote:At this point, this is what I recommend. Drain fluid( using drain plug) into clean container. reinstall plug. remove pan bolts starting from rear and leaving 1 or 2 front bolts so you can slowly drain remaining fluid from the pan . Lower pan and post here a picture of contents in pan floor so I can advise. Yours just might be in great shape. Dont buy anything except fluid. Sorry to bum you out in earlier post . My intent was to give confidence that these cars are being cared for with know how and needed part availability on this site.
You're good OT. I was on this early this morning.
I went out and picked up 7 quarts of Valvoline full synthetic CVT fluid and a pu filter for a 2012 Altima....

The fluid looked pretty good! No odd chrome shavings or chunks, filter looked very clean with just a small amount of gunk. It took 6 quarts of new fluid. Feels snappier and smooth! Much more at ease now.

Tomorrow, rear shocks.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and for listening to me freak out over nothing.

Love affair continues.
received_3506177816162897.jpg
received_3506177816162897.jpg (137.43 KiB) Viewed 4492 times
Sent from my S30 using Tapatalk
KiZoo

The whole process was smooth.
Screenshot_20201110-163200.jpg
Screenshot_20201110-163200.jpg (33.26 KiB) Viewed 4490 times
ImageImage

old tech

As long as there was no chrome slivers -peelings , you are golden. This service needs done every 30k miles no matter the fluid condition appearance on the stick . More often, even better.
KiZoo

old tech wrote:As long as there was no chrome slivers -peelings , you are golden. This service needs done every 30k miles no matter the fluid condition appearance on the stick . More often, even better.
Gonna do every 15 - 20k... Just for good measureImage

LPSISRL

I had a doctor tell me one time when I was overly concerned about something. He said, "It's not a disease. Don't turn it into one." It was good advice.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
KiZoo

LPSISRL wrote:I had a doctor tell me one time when I was overly concerned about something. He said, "It's not a disease. Don't turn it into one." It was good advice.
Right on.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
KiZoo

Just finished up r&r on rear shocks. What a difference!! Struts are next!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
NickL

Off course it is going to be a difference. New shocks will make that impression that you are driving a new car. I am glad to see that you are fixing little things on your car. I am somehow convinced that when you put a little love and care into this vehicle, it will reward you and will stay reliable for many more miles to come...
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
KiZoo

NickL wrote:Off course it is going to be a difference. New shocks will make that impression that you are driving a new car. I am glad to see that you are fixing little things on your car. I am somehow convinced that when you put a little love and care into this vehicle, it will reward you and will stay reliable for many more miles to come...
Yep. Drivers rear was blown out. Lotsa rattling n clunking.
Still want to drain and fill transfer case and rear differential, change spark plugs and clean throttle body before the snow flies.

The car looks to be well maintained and I am thankful for that.

Changing out CVT juice every 5k, drop pan/clean magnets / change p.u filter every 20k

Might be a little excessive, but I enjoy it and so will my Kiz.

KIZAWDinKC

I don't know. Bought mine new in 2010. Have never changed the CVT oil or whatever. But I still have my Kiz today, over 100K miles, and the CVT transmission still runs perfectly smooth as the day I bought it. But I've always driven the vehicle pretty easy ever since I bought it. Never romped on the accelerator or drove it hard.