114 Days: Pt III (3rd time's a charm)

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Ronzuki

Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
WESHOOT2

I start a j-o-b today (oldman part-timer), so there's that...... it could happen.

I've been looking very hard at the new 2.5L Crosstrek......lesseenow, $30K vs $6--9K for a used Kizashi. If I were to buy a Kizashi I'd have to factor in the cost of a visit to oldtech for a durability upgrade, just sayin'......

In the meantime I gotta drive the wife's CRV to work (where's that puke emoji?).
old tech

I was wondering. To sway you back into a Suzuki, what would that Kizashi look like ideally ? Color , trim, year, condition and price.
WESHOOT2

AWD, under 80K, not red, $6--9K, prefer Bluetooth. AND, if I took a drive in it to PA, can you repair/upgrade the tranny?

8-)
WESHOOT2

It's a '12, SE, with just over 62,XXX on it, in silver.
Bought it today, but it's in New Jersey, so there's that.
LPSISRL

So this thread is coming to an end and a new one begins...
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
WESHOOT2

and that's why it's ludicrous LOL
Keller9823!

3rd set of all season tires....last set got 16k miles on them. This is ridiculous and totally absurd. Someone tell me why I can't get tires that last please. The last set was Goodyear all season and the current is some b side tire....6k miles now & backs are 7/10 already. Just tell me what I need to buy to get actual stated milage on tires....keep in mind I live in the frozen tundra of north western Minnesota. I need tread here!!
old tech

Keller9823! wrote:3rd set of all season tires....last set got 16k miles on them. This is ridiculous and totally absurd. Someone tell me why I can't get tires that last please. The last set was Goodyear all season and the current is some b side tire....6k miles now & backs are 7/10 already. Just tell me what I need to buy to get actual stated milage on tires....keep in mind I live in the frozen tundra of north western Minnesota. I need tread here!!
Most likely, your rear end is out of alignment. As these cars age they settle a little and the toe measurement goes out. Usually if you take it to an alignment shop you’ll get the “I can’t do anything with it. It’s all froze up “ and you’ll have to change a lot of pieces for them to do a proper alignment, but I have found that you can move these enough to get them back in to alignment. You may have to use heat to get your locking bolt loosened, but go into technical support and search the topics of cheap fix tire wear and you should find how to go about getting that adjusted so it doesn’t wear your tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk