Top Speed Limited to 130mph...trust me

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:
bootymac wrote:
BxKizashiS wrote:Its true, top speed is 130mph. I tested it out. It stops at 130, like when it gets there it act like when the rpm redlines, so it doesnt go no more. Check out my video and see for yourselves
Maybe Kuro can chime in here but wouldn't this video get you into some trouble...?
The authorities would need to prove that it was done illegally on a public road, meaning they would have to prove the location of where it happened. I just re-watched most of it (first watched it a while ago) and he carefully avoids stating where he is which prevents him from making any incriminating remarks to prove location. I also couldn't make out the location from the video as in road signs captured in the footage.

While this kind of thing isn't the best thing to record and post publicly, especially with the face shown, there is not much that a prosecutor can use as strong evidence to claim he was speeding on public roads. They can't prove where it happened so the evidence is weak. The defense can easily say it could have been on a private road and the gov't wouldn't have much to refute it because they can't prove otherwise. The burden of proof is always on the prosecution.

I also want to note that turning off the lights is not really wise for two reasons.
1) The North American Kizashi has DRLs anyways. Turning off the headlights will just have the DRLs come on so it's not like you are in complete stealth of darkness.

2) If you didn't have any lights on, it would be hard for slower cars ahead to see you coming. This means a higher risk of an accident as they could suddenly merge into your lane, not seeing you coming from the rear at nearly twice the speed limit.

Regardless, not the wisest thing to go 130 MPH and record it for all to see, but still cool to see it. Telling car enthusiasts not to speed is like telling pubescent boys not to masturbate.
You forgot to put the disclaimer about legal advice. :mrgreen:

But thank you very much for giving us lay people some insight into the applicability of the law in cases like this. 8-)
KuroNekko

Well, I'm not an attorney so a disclaimer on legal advice is not as necessary. Regardless, if there is any one thing to take away from talking to someone working in criminal defense law, it is: Don't admit to anything. Always demand a lawyer. As an American, it's your Constitutional right under the 5th Amendment.

[youtube][/youtube]
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Armykizyguy92

Personally I've gone 130 multiple times where I live we have nice open roads and cops are easy to see lol . Currently deployed bit when I get home I plan on working with rrm to make at least 325 hp out of mine and maybe work on a box to turn off the limiter 9 months to go lol
Current "stage 2" 2015 wrx base world rally blue

Previous 2011 Kizzy Sport SLS FWD 6-Spd
Custom exhaust, 20% tint
Soon to have H&R springs and Stage 2 turbo from RRM
Woodie

325 would be a hand grenade, 225 is a lot more likely to still work the second time.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Armykizyguy92

Well I'm not doing the normal one they sell the one I'm getting from them is going to be the only " stage 2 " they've ever done. As far as the governor I plan on doing a complete retune of ecu as I will have over 30k to play with I figure why the hell not
Current "stage 2" 2015 wrx base world rally blue

Previous 2011 Kizzy Sport SLS FWD 6-Spd
Custom exhaust, 20% tint
Soon to have H&R springs and Stage 2 turbo from RRM
SamirD

Armykizyguy92 wrote:...as I will have over 30k to play with I figure why the hell not
Cash is king right now. I'd save every penny of it. You can always get the kit now and then install it a fwe years later when Kizashi's are $4k each.
IshaanIan

Armykizyguy92 wrote:Well I'm not doing the normal one they sell the one I'm getting from them is going to be the only " stage 2 " they've ever done. As far as the governor I plan on doing a complete retune of ecu as I will have over 30k to play with I figure why the hell not
You might also want to invest in a better ECU. I've heard that the Kiz's Denso brain is a little difficult to fiddle with.
paininthenuts

In kph